1. There’s a reason God wants to be #1 in our lives: because He’s God (duh), and because putting anyone or anything in His place will hurt us deeply.
2. What I thought would kill me didn’t: losing my job, my house, my possessions, abuse, addiction, divorce, cancer, death, poverty, wiping my father’s bum, Alzheimer’s, evil, homelessness.
3. Jesus is palpably present with the dying.
4. We can only truly experience Provision when we come to the end of our own resources.
5. When everything and everyone falls away, there is One who remains.
6. When our plans fail, His are revealed.
7. There really is such a thing as the peace that surpasseth understanding.
8. When we are broken the really good stuff can finally get in.
9. What others intend for evil, God WILL use it for our good.
10. Light is much easier to see in the dark.
11. Satan is real.
12. God still speaks.
Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction… ~ 1 Cor 10:11
QUESTION: How has God used the difficult things in your life to bless you in the long run, about which you can say, these are the 12 best things I learned going through hell?